Well I never! I have been nominated for a Liebster award by the lovely Tee of ‘Then I Became Mum‘, thank you ever so much! Her blog follows her journey as a first time Mum and she has lots of great posts on parenting, family life and much, much more. Check out her blog today!
From my understanding, the Liebster award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers, with the rule of giving it to somebody with less than 200 followers. The award is intended to help newbie bloggers engage with the blogging community. Here are the rules –
Ten Random Facts About Me
- I used to be in love with Take That when I was growing up. I had so many posters in my bedroom, I ran out of wall space. Cheeky Robbie Williams was my crush. Cute Mark Owen was to be my future husband.
- My first time flying in a plane was when I was 17 years old.
- I saw Denzil Washington across the street on a trip to New York.
- I hate running and jogging. It just makes me feel so self conscious.
- I originally went to Uni to study Fine Art but couldn’t relate to the other students and I didn’t like Uni life. I dropped out after 3 months.
- I got into Graphic Design by sending in my art portfolio and winging it. An Ad Agency then trained me up as a Junior Designer and I haven’t looked back.
- Chinese food is my take-out of choice.
- I prefer pubs to clubs.
- I prefer a few close friends, rather than a gaggle of acquaintances.
- When I was a little girl I wanted to be a ballerina.
My Questions From Then I Became Mum
What inspired you to start blogging? I wanted a creative outlet whilst I was on maternity leave, but I didn’t actually start until a couple of months ago, long after I returned back to work. I struggled a lot with my baby in the early days and I wanted to start this blog to help me become more confident as a parent.
Is there a story behind your blog name? I am a first time mum and learning all the time. My blog name best describes my journey.
What is your favourite blog post that you have written? Little tykes favourite books I love reading to my son and I find it a wonderful bonding experience. I cannot express enough how important it is to read with your children.
What’s your favourite movie? This is a tough question as I love lots of different movies. Its a bit obscure, but I love Reality Bites with Ethan Hawke and Winona Rider. It totally takes me back to the 90’s.
If you could live anywhere where would it be and why? By the seaside, because thats where I grew up. The lifestyle is so much more laid back and going to the beach is free!
What’s your favourite place you’ve ever been to? The Inn Above Tide in Sausalito, California. A beautiful boutique hotel right on the water in San Francisco Bay. Bliss!
Name an item on your bucket list Having a child! I have ticked that off the list now.
Coca Cola or Pepsi? Neither, I rarely drink fizzy drinks.
Cats or Dogs? Its got to be cats for me. I am the proud owner of a cat who I named Phoebe, after the character in friends.
Fiction or non-fiction? Can I say both? I guess fiction because its nice to have a bit of escapism.
Here are my nominees (drumroll please)…..
Danielle Louise92 I like reading her posts about parenting and pregnancy. Mother to a little boy and just this month, a new baby girl. Congrats again Danielle!
Welcome To The Nursery A stay at home mum of two daughters. I like to read her honest and sometimes funny account of Mummy life.
St Helens Maud Her posts make me howl with laughter sometimes. We all need a bit of Mummy comedy.
HeyitsDanielleK A Mummy blogger, who is an absolutely lovely lady.
My Ten Questions
Why did you start your blog?
What is you most prized possession?
If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
What is your favourite song?
What is favourite blog post that you have written?
Comedy movies or romantic movies?
Where did you go on your last holiday?
Name an embarrassing album that you have bought
What is your guilty pleasure tv show?
What childhood toy do you still keep?