My most recent post looked at to-do lists and how much they help me with day-to-day planning. This post will cover some more tools that will help aid family, home and work organisation in the New Year – diaries, planners and calendars. I had a look on the John Lewis website, as I know from experience that they have a wonderful selection of these products in the run up to the New Year. Here are some of my favourites –
I have mentioned the Busy B range in previous posts (Busy B Christmas Planner) and I have to say I am a huge fan! This diary from the brand does not disappoint. It features a weekly planner on the left and notes and lists on the right. After every 3 months there is a handy little storage pocket and there is also a grid-style overview of each month of the year, perfect for popping in events for quick reference. It’s a lovely product with lots of extra little details such as a handy pen loop and an elastic closure to keep everything together.
Ok, lets put it out there. I would not walk around with a great big, pink diary! On further investigation on the Mums Office website, I was delighted to see that you can also purchase it in a large choice of colours – Sea Green, Champagne, Plum, Pink, Orange or French Navy. Similar in style to the Busy B diary, there is a week to view on the left with space for notes and lists on the right. It has a thin hardback cover with rounded corners, a gusset pocket on the inside back cover, 2 grosgrain ribbons, an elastic strap to hold it all together and a pen loop.Sections include:
- INFORMATION pages to record personal information for all members of your family;
- IMPORTANT pages to record Pocket Money Record, Dates To Remember and Travel Plans;
- NEED TO KNOW Information, Numbers, Websites, Etc
- OUR WEEK to record the regular weekly routine – one for each term;
- DATES calendars for three years and important Notable Dates;
- OUR PLANS containing planners for the current and following years;
- THE WEEK – a double page spread with a GRID format; and finally
- a couple of NOTES pages.
Oh my goodness, where do I start? This is the holy grail of family organisers (mommyandmadness check this bad boy out!) and is down on my Christmas list for Santa! This is a very stylish A5 week-to-view planner from the Organised Mum brand of products and lasts for 16 months, use straight away until December 2017. Also features –
- Weekly perforated shopping lists
- Space for menu planning and to do lists
- 288 colourful reminder stickers to highlight important events
- Monthly pages for planning, to do lists and budgeting
- Weekly routine pages
- Year-at-a-glance planning pages
- Separate address book that sits neatly inside the diary back pocket that can be moved from year to year to save rewriting
- Section for Christmas and summer holiday organisation
- Pocket at the back for notes and bills
- Elastic bandeau to keep the diary closed when you’re out and about
- Two repositionable page dividers that allow you to find the right page quickly and easily.
This is a large family wall planner to help organise busy families and also lasts for 16 months. It features 288 colourful reminder stickers and a handy pen that clips onto the calendar.
Oooo whos excited to see the tv adaption of this childrens classic? Me for one! The little tyke and myself love this childrens story and I think this is a really nice family calendar. A handy reminder sticker sheet is also included as well as removable stickers and space to record targets and rewards (for older children).
Not a family calendar as such but a very, very pretty and quirky one! The calendar features twelve delicious and beautifully illustrated sweet and savoury recipes drawn with chalk on a blackboard. It would look lovely in any kitchen.
Seen anything you like here? Have you already purchased your diaries and planners for 2017. I am hoping Santa will put some in my stocking for Christmas morning (hint hint dear Husband). Ta ta for now my lovelies and I will bid you a good evening! xxx