Our little tyke was still under a year old last Easter, so it passed us by as a bit of a non-event. This year, he is nearly two and is all the more aware to take part in the festivities. The build up to Easter has already involved lots of themed craft activities at nursery and at home, which he has really enjoyed and he has produced some very cute pictures!
I have never really decorated the home for Easter before, but I wanted to pick some little novelties to make it look a little more fun for the little man –
- Light up rabbit from Tiger. I went into Tiger in Birmingham recently and found a good selection of affordable Easter decorations, including this little rabbit. It is battery operated and changes to different colours at the flick of a switch.
2. Coloured rabbit bunting from Tiger. This little paper garland features cute cut-out bunnies in spring pastel colours. This will bring a bit of joy to the lounge, draped over our large mirror.
3. Easter stickers from Tiger. I just couldn’t resist when I found these little cuties! Our little boy loves stickers and this will make crafting really fun.
4. Little chick toy from Waitrose.
5. Little lamb and chick toys from Morrisons.
This is how it all looks together………
We also enjoyed making Easter cards to give out to relatives. The little tyke painted the white cards first with pink and yellow paint. Once dried, the little man went crazy with those stickers! He absolutely loved making them and I had great fun too. What do you think? Beats Hallmark any day!
I know I haven’t been great at posting recently, there have been lots of things on my mind lately and I have been a little stressed. But Easter is about new beginnings and I want to put some of those worries behind me now. Easier said than done, but I will try!
I hope you all have a lovely time with friends and loved ones!
Happy Easter and ta ta for now xxx